POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A man accused of killing his girlfriend was ordered Monday to stand trial on homicide charges.
Edwin Carrero admitted to strangling Alicia Schmidt inside her house on Cherry Street in Pottstown, Montgomery Co., in February, said police, who found her body at the bottom of the basement stairs.
Schmidt's two children, who were in upstairs bedrooms at the time of the killing, were unharmed, police said.
Carrero stole Schmidt's car and used her credit cards on his way to Hollywood, Fla., where he was arrested at a casino a few days a later, police said.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Fatal wreck closes portion of Cherryville Road in Allen Twp.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- Passing showers but more seasonable today