POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A man accused of killing his girlfriend was ordered Monday to stand trial on homicide charges.
Edwin Carrero admitted to strangling Alicia Schmidt inside her house on Cherry Street in Pottstown, Montgomery Co., in February, said police, who found her body at the bottom of the basement stairs.
Schmidt's two children, who were in upstairs bedrooms at the time of the killing, were unharmed, police said.
Carrero stole Schmidt's car and used her credit cards on his way to Hollywood, Fla., where he was arrested at a casino a few days a later, police said.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill