PENNSBURG, Pa. - A man reported missing from an assisted-care facility in Montgomery County has been found safe and sound.
Police say 67-year-old George Warner was last seen June 24, walking southbound in the 200 block of Pottstown Avenue in Pennsburg.
Warner is a resident of the Pennsburg Assisted Care facility at 68 Main Street, and walked away from the facility at some point during the day Tuesday and did not return.
According to Upper Perk Police, Warner was found Friday, July 18, in Houston, Texas.
Police said he was "happy, healthy and doing fine."
There's no word on how he got to Texas.
Officials said Warner had talked about leaving the facility in the past, but due to his age and some health issues, there was concern for his well-being.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Near-record warmth again on Friday
- Updated Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Christie on the radio? He says he'll consider his options
- Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- 12 displaced in Allentown apartment fire
- Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds