DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Officials say an inmate who was found dead at the Bucks County Correctional Facility died from cardiac arrest related to heroin withdrawal.
The Bucks County director of public information says Marlene Yarnall, 49, of Bensalem, was found dead in her cell on Saturday morning. She was being housed in the prison's detox unit.
The coroner says Yarnall had cardiomyopathy, also known as an enlarged heart. He says she had a history of drug abuse, heart disease and high blood pressure.
The coroner also says Yarnall suffered a heart attack while in custody last year.
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt
- Man indicted in double stabbing that left ex-girlfriend dead, Bucks man injured
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant