READING, Pa. - A suspect wounded in a shooting that killed a Pottstown man earlier this year will stand trial on murder charges.
Michael Hinton waived his right to a preliminary hearing before a district judge in Montgomery County on Friday.
Hinton is charged with first, second and third degree murder in the killing of Victor Enrique Bonilla Baez outside a bar in the 300 block of Jefferson Avenue on March 22.
Hinton was accidentally shot in the leg by one of the bullets, which police said was fired by his cousin, Maurice Andrews Jr.
Andrews is also charged with first, second and third degree murder. He's due in court for his preliminary hearing on May 31.
The day before the killing, investigators said Andrews tried to kidnap one of Baez's family members. When that failed, police said Andrews called up his cousin to plan the homicide.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Updated Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump