LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - An elderly man who was missing for much of the day Friday has returned home, police said.
Clifford Defrees left his home in the 600 block of North 25th Street in Lower Alsace Township, Berks County, Friday morning. He was due to arrive at his son's home in Montgomery Township, Montgomery County, around 9:30 a.m., according to the Central Berks Regional Police Department.
He never arrived, said police, who filed a missing persons report.
That report prompted a response from the Doylestown Police Department in Bucks County, which reported that Defrees asked an officer for directions earlier in the day Friday.
Defrees called his son late Friday afternoon and told him he had returned home, said police, who responded to the residence to confirm that he was safe.
Pete Rose is on the ballot for the Philadelphia Phillies' wall of fame, his first association with the team since he was banned from baseball in 1989.Read More »
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Police make arrest in deadly Palmer Twp. shooting
- Updated Near-record warmth again today
- City of Reading receives FBI subpoena for documents
- Life Lessons: End of life start ups
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Rt. 100 in Bally Borough
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- LVPC releases 'Livable Landscapes' survey results
- ASD hires Alvin Butz for school projects
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Thursday's record-breaking warmth in Allentown