LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - An elderly man who was missing for much of the day Friday has returned home, police said.
Clifford Defrees left his home in the 600 block of North 25th Street in Lower Alsace Township, Berks County, Friday morning. He was due to arrive at his son's home in Montgomery Township, Montgomery County, around 9:30 a.m., according to the Central Berks Regional Police Department.
He never arrived, said police, who filed a missing persons report.
That report prompted a response from the Doylestown Police Department in Bucks County, which reported that Defrees asked an officer for directions earlier in the day Friday.
Defrees called his son late Friday afternoon and told him he had returned home, said police, who responded to the residence to confirm that he was safe.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran