NORRISTOWN, Pa. - Bill Cosby's lawyers asked for a mistrial but were rejected after they say a prosecution sex assault expert was trying to convict the comedian from the witness stand.
Cosby's lawyers argued Veronique Valliere's testimony on Friday included observations that seemed tailored to Cosby's case.
They say the psychologist was only allowed to speak generally about victim behavior at Cosby's trial stemming from allegations he drugged and molested a woman at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.
Cosby's lawyers say Valliere's past social-media posts have shown a pro-prosecution bias.
Valliere had told jurors that an offender's celebrity status can have a chilling effect on victims and that all victims experience shock and disbelief when they're violated by someone they know.
She testified that such victims often fear they'll face backlash for harming a well-known person's reputation if they come forward.
Cosby accuser Andrea Constand waited a year to go to police.
It's official; the newly formed East Greenville Borough Police Department in Montgomery County has its headquarters.Read More »
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester
- Pottstown man arrested in road rage shooting on Route 100
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- 20 injured in fire at Chester County senior living community
- Heroin dealer sentenced after two women overdose
- Updated Mostly sunny, still breezy the next few days
- Police: Woman killed, man injured in Kutztown domestic incident
- Updated Eagles use big second half to down Dallas
- Updated New museum opens in Lower Macungie
- Updated Domestic assault suspect arrested after intense standoff in Bethlehem
- Updated Easton unveils new police headquarters
- Updated Smoke prompts partial evacuation of Gross Towers
- State Police identify suspect in deadly police shooting
- Upper Macungie Township Police announce seat belt enforcement
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show