DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A Pennsylvania woman charged along with her boyfriend in the rape, murder and dismemberment of her adopted 14-year-old daughter now faces theft charges.
Online court documents show a charge of misapplication of entrusted property of a government institution was added Thursday to Sara Packer's case.
The charge is normally associated with misuse of government benefits.
Packer and her boyfriend were charged last month with killing Grace Packer and dumping her body in remote northeastern Pennsylvania as part of what authorities call a rape-murder fantasy.
It's not clear what prompted the new charges.
Packer's lawyer says he can't comment on the additional charges.
- Remains of 2 residents found after West Chester senior center fire
- Police: Pottstown hotel robbed at gunpoint
- Auditor: DNC convention bonuses didn't violate grant terms
- Upper Merion officers cleared in shooting of alleged serial robber
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Driver in fiery wreck that killed 3 gets up to 30 years in prison
- Updated Lonnie Walker returns to play in front of hometown fans
- Man charged in shooting at Schuylkill County bar
- Updated One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- Updated Statewide bear season prelim results show low harvest
- Updated Armed with hatchets, man allegedly peddles drugs at NCC
- Police arrest Pottstown hotel robbery suspect
- West Reading's Christmas tree in place for 89th lighting
- Father-daughter duo makes Thanksgiving meals for families in need
- Life Lessons: Extending life