HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - A 28-year-old Montgomery County man is facing involuntary manslaughter and other charges in connection with a fatal trash truck accident that happened in July.
Adam Bermudez of East Norriton Twp. was arraigned Monday for the accident in Hilltown Twp., Bucks Co. on July 2.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. as the truck tried to make a left turn from Bypass Road onto Dublin Road, between Doylestown and Perkasie, police said.
As the truck turned, it rolled onto its right side, hit trees and came to rest in a drainage ditch, according to police.
The 24-year-old passenger, Ricco Rios, of Norristown, Montgomery Co., was trapped in the truck and died at the scene, police said.
Bermudez is facing homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, recklessly endangering another person, driving at safe speed, careless driving and related charges.
He posted 10% of his $10,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Dec. 6 at 10 a.m.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Jose Rosado and the Allentown School District at odds over book
- VFW Awareness Day at Catasauqua school
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- UGI Energy Services presents scholarship to Berks foundation
- UGI Defends Proposed Bethlehem Gas Storage Tank Proposal
- Veterans highlight issues faced by those returning from war
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime