NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County pediatrician has been arrested for possessing sexually explicit images of children.
David Kennedy, 48, of Pennsburg was charged Monday with five counts of sexual abuse of children and criminal use of a communications facility, police and prosecutors announced Wednesday.
A nurse practitioner at Personal Care Pediatrics in Pennsburg contacted police after finding sexually explicit images of children on a cell phone belonging to the practice, according to the Montgomery County district attorney's office,
The nurse was given the iPhone by the office to handle calls over the Thanksgiving holiday. While she used the phone, sexually graphic photos of children and other sexual images were found.
An investigation revealed the images belonged to Kennedy, who has been committed to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $250,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for December 21.
The incident remains under investigation, and District Attorney Kevin Steele asked anyone with additional information to contact detectives at 610-278-3368.
The Quakertown School Board unanimously approved a 2017-18 renewal of the district’s insurance policy with Willis of Pennsylvania, LLC for a premium of approximately $284,000.Read More »
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Police: Man stabbed several times in Pottstown
- Judge to decide Wednesday on release of Cosby juror names
- Coroner called to crash on Route 309 in Lynn Twp.
- Christie's push for opioid cash from insurer hits roadblock
- Updated Muggy and unsettled with showers and a t-storm today
- Updated BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Updated Convicted sex offender twice violated sentence by contacting victim
- Easton police arrest man on drug charges
- Sunrise Chef: Whole Foods
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Life Lessons: Men and depression
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital