NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County pediatrician has been arrested for possessing sexually explicit images of children.
David Kennedy, 48, of Pennsburg was charged Monday with five counts of sexual abuse of children and criminal use of a communications facility, police and prosecutors announced Wednesday.
A nurse practitioner at Personal Care Pediatrics in Pennsburg contacted police after finding sexually explicit images of children on a cell phone belonging to the practice, according to the Montgomery County district attorney's office,
The nurse was given the iPhone by the office to handle calls over the Thanksgiving holiday. While she used the phone, sexually graphic photos of children and other sexual images were found.
An investigation revealed the images belonged to Kennedy, who has been committed to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $250,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for December 21.
The incident remains under investigation, and District Attorney Kevin Steele asked anyone with additional information to contact detectives at 610-278-3368.
A suburban Philadelphia woman charged with befriending a woman at the King of Prussia mall in Montgomery County and then taking her baby has been convicted of kidnapping and child concealment.Read More »
- SEPTA's new regional rail trains to feature 2nd level
- Quakertown to consider closing Milford Middle School
- Main jury picked in trial of barracks shooting suspect
- 4 Pennsylvania GOP congressmen now oppose health care bill
- US Rep. Dent says he will vote against GOP health care plan
- New St. Luke's hospital to be built in Milford Twp.
- Updated Jury reaches verdict in trial of Penn State ex-president
- Updated Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Updated 2 charged in 2013 killing of 16-year-old in Allentown
- Updated Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Updated Prosecutor: Penn State trial jury kept focus on kids
- Updated Health Beat: Operation Walk USA
- Police allege suspect tries to run after officer finds stolen gun
- Woman guilty of kidnapping baby from KOP food court
- Suspect in sex assault case backs out of plea deal
- Air Products announces it will not purchase Yingde Gases Group