NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County pediatrician has been arrested for possessing sexually explicit images of children.
David Kennedy, 48, of Pennsburg was charged Monday with five counts of sexual abuse of children and criminal use of a communications facility, police and prosecutors announced Wednesday.
A nurse practitioner at Personal Care Pediatrics in Pennsburg contacted police after finding sexually explicit images of children on a cell phone belonging to the practice, according to the Montgomery County district attorney's office,
The nurse was given the iPhone by the office to handle calls over the Thanksgiving holiday. While she used the phone, sexually graphic photos of children and other sexual images were found.
An investigation revealed the images belonged to Kennedy, who has been committed to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $250,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for December 21.
The incident remains under investigation, and District Attorney Kevin Steele asked anyone with additional information to contact detectives at 610-278-3368.
- Reward offered in hit-and-run that killed Twin Valley grad
- Berks man 'critical' after motorcycle crash, police say
- Former U.S. Congressman speaks on negative effects of redistricting
- One Tank Trip: Scarecrow display at Peddler's Village
- Pennsylvania system glitch let non-citizens register to vote
- Man convicted in sex assault of 'gifted' girls gets 30-87 years
- AG Sessions in Harrisburg to announce opioid crisis
- Pennsylvania loses billions under GOP bill, analysts say
- Life, legacy of Al Boscov to live on in 'Memories of Al'
- Updated First lady does some gardening in White House kitchen garden
- $125K grant to help combat youth substance abuse in Berks
- CACLV director considering run for Congress
- Police: 8-year-old girl helps drive drunken man
- Investigators: Pilots erred in Pence plane's skid at airport
- Federal prosecutors allege guardsman threatened VP Pence
- Tracking down the Unabomber