NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County pediatrician has been arrested for possessing sexually explicit images of children.
David Kennedy, 48, of Pennsburg was charged Monday with five counts of sexual abuse of children and criminal use of a communications facility, police and prosecutors announced Wednesday.
A nurse practitioner at Personal Care Pediatrics in Pennsburg contacted police after finding sexually explicit images of children on a cell phone belonging to the practice, according to the Montgomery County district attorney's office,
The nurse was given the iPhone by the office to handle calls over the Thanksgiving holiday. While she used the phone, sexually graphic photos of children and other sexual images were found.
An investigation revealed the images belonged to Kennedy, who has been committed to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility after failing to post $250,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for December 21.
The incident remains under investigation, and District Attorney Kevin Steele asked anyone with additional information to contact detectives at 610-278-3368.
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Updated Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown