A Montgomery County official is using her birthday to raise big bucks for a good cause.
District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman will celebrate her 49th birthday Saturday.
And for every birthday greeting, "like," or re-tweet she gets on Facebook or Twitter, she will donate one dollar to the Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and the center helps victims of abuse.
Ferman is encouraging all of her friends and followers to break the bank Saturday.
The jury that will hear Bill Cosby's sexual assault case was filling up quickly Tuesday as lawyers and prosecutors worked to select panelists who they believed would be favorable to their side.Read More »
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Allentown police looking for driver who hit, dragged boy on bike
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- Updated Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service
- Updated Township manager says development at Braden Airpark in early stages
- Updated Pennsylvania moves to comply with federal Real ID law
- Updated Insurance chief would lead new health, human services agency
- Updated Local venues discuss security concerns after deadly Manchester attack
- FBI raid suspects in court
- Medal of Honor recipient's son to speak at Memorial Day service
- 10 people seated on jury in Bill Cosby's sex assault trial