NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County man is accused breaking his 24-day-old daughter's ribs and fracturing her skull.
Luis Bonanno, 34, of Harleysville, was arrested for two counts of aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children and related charges, according to Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele.
Authorities say the investigation began on September 21, 2016 when the baby's mother took her to the hospital for poor oral intake and a clicking noise while she was breathing. The baby was transferred to CHOP, where doctors discovered she had fractures to her right ribs and a fracture to her skull, as well as other issues.
According to the DA, an investigation revealed the father, Bonanno, caused the injuries after he pressed on the baby's chest several times.
Bonanno was arraigned and his bail was set at $100,000. He failed to make bail and was taken to the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
He has a preliminary hearing set for March 10.
"We've got a try as a community to make Christmas for them as best as we can. I’d give the rest of my Christmas’ to help them with this one," said Jones.Read More »
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Deputy sheriff's sons killed in Schwenksville house fire
- DiNardo to face death penalty if he breaks deal with officials
- Woman arrested for stealing donations for children's hospital
- 2 boys killed in Schwenksville house fire
- 3 injured in Schwenksville house fire
- Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- After light snow this morning, clearing skies later in the day
- Updated Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- Updated Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Abduction, robbery reported at Kutztown University
- Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis