LANSDALE, Pa. - A homeless teenager from Central America is facing adult charges in an attempted rape Monday in Montgomery Co.
Herson Guardado, 16, was arrested for attempted rape after an incident in Stoney Creek Park on East Hancock Street in Lansdale.
Lansdale Police were called to the scene Monday at around 4:45 p.m., where a 25-year-old woman stated that a young male in the park had attacked her from behind while she put her three children in a car.
He put his arm around her neck and stuck what she believed was a knife in her side.
She told police he said, "you want sex," as he pulled her towards the woods. She was able to slip from his grasp, and then he ran into the woods.
Upper Gwynedd Police and K-9 unit assisted in capturing Guardado.
Guardado, who police say is homeless and a native of El Salvador, is charged with attempted rape, attempted sexual assault, unlawful restraint, possessing instrument of crime, simple assault, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct and harassment.
Lansdale Police said they filed the charges in adult court based on Guardado's age and his use of a deadly weapon during the attempted rape.
Guardado failed to post $100,000 bail and is currently being held in the Montgomery County Correctional facility.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 27.
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Updated LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- Updated Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Updated Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- Updated 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Updated Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- Updated Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Updated BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties