WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - What started as a daytime home invasion ended with a teenager's body dumped on the side of the road, said police.
An autopsy was performed Monday on Kareem Ali Borowy. The manner of death was ruled a homicide, said police.
Borowy, 19, was shot and killed after being abducted from his home Sunday afternoon in West Pottsgrove Twp., Montgomery Co.
"He was just a good kid. I've never seen him be anything but nice to anybody," said Nadean Carden, whose son went to school with Kareem.
Carden said Kareem was just over to her house Thursday night. Four days later, she never thought he would be dead.
"It's a very heart-wrenching situation that this can happen right there at 2:00 in the afternoon in broad daylight. It's crazy," Carden said.
That's around the time a group of armed men stormed into his home on Manatawny Street, demanded money and left with Kareem at gunpoint, said investigators.
Minutes later, and about five miles up the road in Lower Pottsgrove Township, his body was found on the side of Sanatoga Station Road, said investigators.
Family members did not answer the door Monday, and neighbors were still reeling from the shock.
"When I saw his picture, I was hurt because he's a nice fella. I didn't think he'd be caught up in craziness, but yeah, he was very polite." said Lenora Miller, who lives a few doors down.
Neighbors told 69 News police have responded before to the home, where Kareem lived with his mother and siblings, but mostly for domestic issues.
Late Sunday night, investigators removed evidence from the home and dusted for fingerprints. An exact motive is still unclear, and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the West Pottsgrove Police Department at 610-323-2090, Lower Pottsgrove Police Department at 610-326-1508 or Montgomery County Detective Bureau at 610-278-3368.
The rain interfered with plans for some VIP guests at the Pottstown parade, but the true meaning of Memorial Day couldn't be obscured by the clouds.Read More »
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather