SPRINGFIELD TWP., Pa. - Neighbors in one Bucks County neighborhood are concerned about a road they say isn't safe.
It comes after a deadly accident there over the weekend.
"I heard a bang and I thought wow someone wound up in the ditch again," said resident Norman Kichline.
A country road in Bucks County --Richlandtown Pike -- was littered with cop cars, ambulances and fire trucks.
It's where officials said a pickup truck drove into oncoming traffic, hitting a small car head on.
Albert Lazaro, 25, of Allentown, was killed in the car and his two passengers were flown to the hospital.
The driver of the truck was also hurt.
"My stomach dropped. I knew immediately the person was dead in the vehicle. We've seen plenty of accidents, this being the most horrific," said resident Kristin Roth.
Roth has lived in the 2900 block of Richlandtown Pike in Springfield Township, Bucks County for almost 40 years.
She doesn't want to see what happened Saturday - happen again.
"It's just getting scarier, and scarier. My fear is there are going to be more accidents like this one," Roth said.
She said her road has become more hazardous over time.
"It has excessively gotten busier, and they are getting faster and faster," Roth added.
Neighbors say it's not just speed that concerns them; they say the narrowness of the shoulder is also a big problem.
"We don't have no shoulders out here," Kichline said.
He is doing what he can on the edge of his property to make the shoulders more visible.
"The shoulders we do have are pretty deep ditches. That's why I'm out here weed wacking," he added.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River