NEW HOPE, Pa. - New Hope officials have decided to suspend their Friday-night fireworks shows for the summer 2014 season.
According to Roger Green of the Greater New Hope Chamber of Commerce, they're having problems replacing the volunteers behind the events and the shows weren't bringing as much of a financial boost to the area as hoped.
"We wanted to take a summer off, regroup, and work with the Lambertville area of the Chamber of Commerce to put together a team to move this forward in 2015," Green said.
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- New I-80 WB closed due to an ATV and car wreck
- Updated Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Updated Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?
- Updated Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting