PHILADELPHIA - The NFL Draft Experience -- the NFL's largest-ever free football festival -- has taken over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia.
"They transformed our city into this incredible draft village," said fan Dan Neubert. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity."
All in the City of Brotherly Love, so it only made sense that brothers Larence and Bill Kirby meet up and enjoy it together.
"I'm off today," said Bill Kirby. "When my brother texted me and asked me if we could get together, I was down for it."
"For the NFL to recognize Philadelphia, the Eagles fans coming here, it gives an opportunity as local members to come out and say, 'Hey, this is what the NFL experience is all about,'" said Larence Kirby.
It wasn't just an Eagles rally, although the parkway was flooded with those midnight green jerseys. Fans donning gear from all different teams made the most of the afternoon ahead of the first round of the NFL Draft.
The draft is arguably the biggest event of the year in football, a time when all 32 NFL teams are undefeated, and a city comes together in a way it never had before.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback