WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - Police in Montgomery County said Mondayno charges will be filed against the driver of a car that collided into and killed a 16-year-old bicyclist.
The crash happened Friday night at the intersection of Manatawny Street and Sell Road in West Pottsgrove Township.
Michael Finnegan, of Stowe, died a short time later from head and chest injuries.
Investigators say the accident was unavoidable on the driver's part.
Counselors were made available to help Finnegan's classmates at Pottsgrove High School.
A memorial service is also scheduled for 2 p.m. on Saturday at the Gilbertsville Fire Company.
There was nothing Nicholas Wyllie could do to save 2-year-old son Benjamin Smith but there was something he could have done to prevent his death.Read More »
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- Updated I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?