NOCKAMIXON TWP., Pa. - One person was killed in an accident in Bucks County Thursday afternoon.
The victim has been identified as 18-year-old Benjamin Knauss of Hellertown.
Bucks County coroner Joseph Campbell said Knauss died from multiple traumatic injuries.
The accident happened around 2:30 p.m. on Route 611, also known as Easton Road, near Foellner Lane in Nockamixon Township.
State Police said a car -- apparently the one driven by Knauss -- was heading north when for unknown reasons it crossed over the southbound lanes and onto the shoulder.
Police said the car collided with another car heading south.
The driver of the first car was dead when emergency crews arrived.
The other driver was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem with unknown injuries. Police have not identified the injured driver.
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Man held up after posting Craigslist ad
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society