NORRISTOWN, Pa. - Officials announced an investigation on Thursday into a homicide in Lower Merion Township.
Police say the homicide occurred in the 100 block of Sibley Avenue in Ardmore.
According to a release from the Office of the District Attorney, Lower Merion Township Police responded to check on the welfare of an occupant on Aug. 22 at 9:15 p.m. Police found a deceased 36-year-old female in the bedroom.
The identity of the female is being withheld pending family notification.
The Montgomery County Coroner's Office performed an autopsy and determined the cause of death was "ligature strangulation" and the manner of death homicide.
Police say there does not appear to be any current concern for residents in the area.
Police ask anyone with information regarding the homicide to call Lower Merion Police Department at 610-649-1000 or the Montgomery County Detective Bureau at 610-278-3368.
Pennsylvania has received over $5 million from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in an effort to battle the opioid issue in this country.Read More »
- Search is on for missing Montgomery County male juvenile
- Berks mourns passing of longtime business, community leader
- Overdosing woman revived after 5 doses of Narcan
- Tickets available Tuesday for Obama's stop in Philadelphia
- "He Vs. She Shed" contest held in Chester County
- Montgomery County DA investigating after body found in Lower Merion Township
- Remnants of Florence bring scattered downpours, storms Tuesday
- ArtsQuest presents plan for art center in Bethlehem
- Berks murder suspect plotted to have detective killed, DA says
- Fatal crash leaves 3 dead on Route 209 at dangerous intersection
- Updated Alleged wooden stick beating lands Allentown man in jail
- Allentown Central Catholic closed due to water damage
- East Stroudsburg teachers strike ends, school to resume Wednesday
- Life Lessons: Nurturing improves your kid's brain
- Police search for man who robbed bank while armed
- Easton Zoning Board says 'no' to west ward project