DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Grace Kelly's story is back home again.
A new exhibit based on her life is now open to the public and only making one stop in the United States.
You'll see clips of Grace Kelly on the beach at the Jersey shore, private family moments caught on camera of a Philly girl turned princess.
"Grace Kelly's story is really Philadelphia's story," said Candace Clarke, deputy director of the James A. Michener Art Museum.
From Philadelphia to Monaco: Grace Kelly: Beyond the Icon tells the story of her life, not just Grace Kelly the movie star.
There are, of course, dozens of dazzling dresses, including the one she wore the night she accepted her Oscar.
But the exhibit at the museum in Bucks County celebrates Grace Kelly - the woman.. the daughter and the mother.
"That she was more than just an actress and a princess, that she was a real person and she had connections with people and she had a loving family and she left a legacy which she really did," Clarke said.
The museum has a connection to the beauty, Kelly starred in the film, "Bridges of Toko-Ri" which is based on the book by Michener.
On the tour, you'll learn little-known facts that make Grace seem just like the rest of us.
Grace's life took her all over the world, but she always maintained a close, deep connection to Philadelphia, so much so that when she'd come for a visit she would often pick up some scrapple, take it back it back to Monaco and tell the palace chef it was American pate. It seems she had a sense of humor, as well.
The collection will be heading back to Monaco in January.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River