POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Hailey High said she still gets choked up when she reads the letters from her uncle...
"I hope you know, you are a very important person to me," Hailey said while reading one of the letters.
She said her uncle, Kevin High, was her best friend. The 17-year-old vividly remembers wanting to buy a pet duck when she was a kid, but her dad said no.
"So I went into my uncle's room and I was like, 'Hey, Uncle Kevin, can you take me to buy a duck?' And he's like, 'Yeah. A duck! Where?'" she recalled with a laugh.
But fond memories are all Hailey and her family can hold onto. Kevin died of a drug overdose in March.
"I got in my mom's car and she looked at me and she said, 'Kevin's dead,' and the first words that came out of my mouth was, 'Who did this?'" Hailey said.
Pottstown police said Ronald Purvis is responsible, and they're on the hunt for him. If found and convicted, he could spend up to 40 years behind bars.
"Just please do the right thing, and if you know where Ron is or the whereabouts or any information, I beg you, I plead, please call the police," said Kevin's mom, Tammy High.
Tammy said she won't feel relief until Purvis, 32, is brought to justice.
"Every breath I take is a struggle. We are not doing good," she said. "My children are completely broken."
But until then, Hailey has Kevin's letters to cherish...
"I remember holding you when you were little, looking at you, kissing you. Wow, Hailey. I love you so much," she said while reading another passage.
A fourth Republican wants to run for lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Man acquitted in abuse of boy at animal costume parties
- Forecasters warn of flooding due to Delaware River ice jam
- Transformer fire in Pottstown knocks out power
- Steadier snow overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Updated Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Updated Man goes to movies after allegedly killing Pocono Twp. couple
- Updated Da Vinci Science Center changes aquarium plan to a 'better fit'
- Residents, businesses prep for potential snow storm
- Updated Health Beat: IBD stopped in its tracks
- PHOTOS: Reading police seek persons of interest in homicide
- AG files lawsuit to stop rollback of net neutrality
- Gov. Wolf asks Trump for federal support in opioid crisis