POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Hailey High said she still gets choked up when she reads the letters from her uncle...
"I hope you know, you are a very important person to me," Hailey said while reading one of the letters.
She said her uncle, Kevin High, was her best friend. The 17-year-old vividly remembers wanting to buy a pet duck when she was a kid, but her dad said no.
"So I went into my uncle's room and I was like, 'Hey, Uncle Kevin, can you take me to buy a duck?' And he's like, 'Yeah. A duck! Where?'" she recalled with a laugh.
But fond memories are all Hailey and her family can hold onto. Kevin died of a drug overdose in March.
"I got in my mom's car and she looked at me and she said, 'Kevin's dead,' and the first words that came out of my mouth was, 'Who did this?'" Hailey said.
Pottstown police said Ronald Purvis is responsible, and they're on the hunt for him. If found and convicted, he could spend up to 40 years behind bars.
"Just please do the right thing, and if you know where Ron is or the whereabouts or any information, I beg you, I plead, please call the police," said Kevin's mom, Tammy High.
Tammy said she won't feel relief until Purvis, 32, is brought to justice.
"Every breath I take is a struggle. We are not doing good," she said. "My children are completely broken."
But until then, Hailey has Kevin's letters to cherish...
"I remember holding you when you were little, looking at you, kissing you. Wow, Hailey. I love you so much," she said while reading another passage.
Three little pills made for a big debate Thursday at Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial.Read More »
- Philly among 15 cities considered for Army's Futures Command
- Montgomery County warns of mosquito season
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Southeastern Pa. Senators request official policies from Starbucks
- Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections
- Cosby defense loses 5th bid for mistrial
- Toxicologists testify about Benadryl, quaaludes in Cosby retrial
- Lehigh University dissolves Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Woman finds another piece of Southwest Airlines plane debris
- PennDOT repairs hole in Hellertown Water Street Bridge
- Updated Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Updated Berks funeral home invites condolences to Bush family
- Updated Crews clear logjam from Schuylkill River near Douglassville
- Magic returns to Reading with reopening of Mingus Magic Shop
- Volunteers spruce up local veteran nonprofit
- Free Lego exhibit in Allentown displays children's designs