If you live in Bucks, Northampton or Monroe counties and are working through repairs from Hurricane Sandy, you may qualify for Federal Emergency Management Agency funds.
The federal government has declared a major disaster in Pennsylvania from Sandy, making aid available to affected areas across the state.
FEMA made the announcement Thursday. That makes aid available for state and local efforts to recover from the effects of Sandy between Oct. 26 and Nov. 8 of last year.
Federal funding will be available to the state, eligible local governments and some nonprofits on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities.
It applies to affected areas in Bucks, Monroe, Northampton, Bedford,Cameron, Dauphin, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Pike, Potter, Somerset, Sullivan, and Wyoming counties.
The storm caused record outages in Pennsylvania. At its peak, 1.2 million customers in the state were without power.
Top law enforcement officials in Pennsylvania are coming together to combat the heroin and opioid crisis. District attorneys announced a new task force in Philadelphia Thursday.Read More »
- DelVal freshman works to save Otterhound dog breed
- Southampton teen gets 2-5 years for robbing fast-food joint
- Man facing charges after allegedly stealing cyanide to kill lawn rodents
- GOP field for lieutenant governor gets new face; 2 drop out
- 'LOVE' returns: Philadelphia park gets its sculpture back
- Philadelphia throwing parade as it gets its 'LOVE' back
- Updated Snow gradually comes to an end late Saturday night
- Updated Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- Military plane conducting flight exercise cause of loud noises heard in Lehigh Valley
- Presidential historian Tim Blessing discusses President's Day
- Bethlehem's Friends of Music introduces Outstanding Young Artist Competition
- CDC says flu season may be leveling off
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Harrisburg food pantry dishes out Gov. Wolf's Super Bowl winnings
- Glass building at Apple headquarters causing headaches for employees