NORRISTOWN, Pa. - Two men face numerous charges in connection with a series of armed robberies and thefts that targeted Walmart stores across seven Pennsylvania counties.
Jon Beverly, 28, of Philadelphia, and Maurkeece Foreman, 26, of Pottstown stole more than $52,000 in merchandise during 10 holdups that occurred during a six-month spree that ended in early January, authorities said.
"It was really quite the crime spree," Montgomery County Asst. District Attorney Ben McKenna told 69 News.
The charges the men face include conspiracy, theft and robbery with the threat of serious bodily injury.
"I think if you pull a gun on anyone in any store, they are going to do what you tell them to do," McKenna said.
The robberies occurred at Walmart stores in Bucks, Carbon, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Luzerne and Montgomery counties. Authorities said Freeman put a gun to an employee's head during one robbery.
"Things could have been a lot worse," McKenna said. "Thankfully, we got these guys off the street before something terrible did happen."
Both men were jailed on $250,000 bail each.
Crunched cars still lie under this collapsed bridge in South Florida - a bridge that was supposed to stand for a hundred years.Read More »
- Bucks County rehousing program alleviates homeless population
- 'Match Day' a right of passage for medical students
- 200 students pay the price for national walkout participation
- 5 victims to testify in upcoming Bill Cosby trial
- Local students show support for National Walkout Day
- Quakertown woman allegedly steals, cashes $4,600 in checks
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Weekend weather a pot of gold at the end of a cold week
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- Updated Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Irish dancers perform for 69 News
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News
- Stacey Esterly confronted husband about relationship with Amy Yu
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda