PERKASIE, Pa. - Police in Arizona are searching for a Bucks County man who vanished last month.
According to police in Flagstaff, James Citara, 49, was vacationing at a campground in early June.
The Perkasie native was last seen June 11, the same day he reported his rental car had been stolen.
Citara was expected to return home on June 13.
But on June 24, his mother filed a missing persons report.
"When he did not return home as he was expected to, his mom reported him missing on the 24th of June. As of this point of time, he has not been contacted again, and we are still looking for him," said Sgt. Cory Runge, with the Flagstaff Police Department.
Neighbors said they're worried.
"We have been worried about him, he's been missing about a month now, and we don't really have any leads," said Jimmy Leathers.
According Leathers, Citara travels often. He went on to say his neighbor enjoys visiting historical places.
He said Citara is an intelligent man, which is why he fears he may be in danger.
"I think maybe he ran into trouble out there…He's very used to traveling. He always has his wits about him," Leathers said.
As it turns out, the June disappearance isn't the first time Citara went unheard from while traveling out west.
On a post last month, Citara told Facebook friends he was going out of town.
Several people left comments on the post begging him to stay in contact this time.
One user wrote: "Cell phone? Did you give someone a written itinerary? Do not want a repeat of last year."
According online reports and family Facebook pages, Citara was reported missing in May 2013 while vacationing in Arizona.
Neighbors said Citara stayed an extra week and doesn't believe in cell phones.
"Usually, he comes right back from his vacation. And he really has no problem getting there and back."
Flagstaff Police said they don't believe Citara is in any danger, but they're urging anyone with information to give them a call.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in