PHILADELPHIA - Democratic Party officials considering Philadelphia as a potential host city for the 2016 convention are touring a sports arena, a famed cheesesteak shop and a popular farmer's market.
Democratic National Committee representatives are in the midst of a two-day visit to assess the city's ability to host the 2016 Democratic National Convention. Also bidding to host the event are Birmingham, Alabama; Columbus, Ohio; Brooklyn, New York; and Phoenix.
The representatives on Wednesday are touring the Wells Fargo Center, Pat's Steaks, the Reading Terminal Market and other stops.
Thursday's agenda includes a visit to the Comcast Center and a rally at the National Constitution Center.
Local politicians and dignitaries, including former Pennsylvania Governor and Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell, were among hundreds who turned out Wednesday morning to greet the delegates.
A Democratic candidate's run for the Pennsylvania Legislature is down the drain, partly because he used too little water at the house he claimed as his residence.Read More »
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Updated Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Updated Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Updated Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition