PHILADELPHIA - Now that the Philadelphia Eagles have won the Super Bowl, Bud Light has spilled the details on how the city can cash in on the promise of free beer.
The company tweeted that 25 bars along the championship parade route will be offering free Bud Light to patrons.
Thursday's parade is tentatively set to start at 11 a.m. at South Broad Street and Pattison Avenue and work its way north to the Art Museum of Philadelphia. The city said it will announce additional details at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The free beer offer came about after Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson said in an interview last summer that should the Eagles win the Super Bowl, he would give out beer "to everybody."
Bud Light tweeted to Johnson "Let's make a bet. Win it all and the party is on us. Deal?"
The beer-maker went on to change its catchphrase "Dilly Dilly" to "Philly Philly," celebrating the Eagles playoff run.
Two men face numerous charges in connection with a series of armed robberies and thefts that targeted Walmart stores across seven Pennsylvania counties.Read More »
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Missing man with dementia found safe
- Pa. Turnpike lanes reopened between Lansdale, Quakertown
- Crash closes Pa. Turnpike northbound between Lansdale, Quakertown
- GOP leaders to seek halt to Pennsylvania congressional map
- Proposed bill allows courts to seize guns from people deemed a threat
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Updated Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting
- Community, gov't effort needed for affordable housing push
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close