PHILADELPHIA - In Philadelphia, no one escapes the scrutiny of the parking authority - not even the city's police commissioner.
Commissioner Richard Ross was attending a speaking engagement at a downtown hotel Tuesday morning when he was ticketed for parking in a zone that is off limits during rush hour.
Police said he paid the ticket. The amount was not disclosed.
Anyone who parks in the city knows the Philadelphia Parking Authority means business. It's a reputation that was reinforced when its ticket-writers and booters were featured on the A&E reality TV series "Parking Wars."
A little known neurological condition is silencing kids across the country. Now a local family is hoping to spread the word about it.Read More »
- Happy 105th birthday, Millie!
- Police asking for help to identify thieves in Bucks County
- Section of Pennsylvania Turnpike to close for construction
- 71-year-old hit,killed by truck in Lower Pottsgrove
- Pottstown makes a stand against racism
- Road rage shooting suspect waives preliminary hearing
- Unresponsive boy pulled from Mauch Chunk Lake, officials say
- Girl hit by car as gunfire rings out, according to Monroe County dispatchers
- When the sun goes dark: 5 questions answered about the solar eclipse
- Police investigate after rocks thrown at cars, houses in Berks
- Man injured in early morning shooting in Allentown
- 2 men wanted in connection with South Whitehall Speedway robbery
- Roasting Ears of Corn Festival celebrates Native American Indian culture
- Big name acts to perform at Great Allentown Fair
- Purr-fect weekend to adopt a pet in Berks County
- Heavy rains cause headaches in Berks County