NORRISTOWN, Pa. - The driver of a pickup truck has been arrested on charges he caused a deadly crash while driving drunk, authorities announced Monday.
The accident happened last Wednesday night in the 3000 block of Kutztown Road in Upper Hanover Twp., Montgomery Co.
The pickup's driver, Francis Lynch, caused the accident by turning into the path of the motorcycle, police said.
The cycle operator, Barry Good, 57, of Longswamp Twp., Berks Co., later died at Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown.
Lynch, 40, of Hereford Twp., Berks Co., was charged with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, driving under the influence and various vehicle code violations. A judge set his bail at $500,000.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Updated Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Passing showers but more seasonable today
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC