UPPER HANOVER TWP., Pa. - A small plane crashed and split in half at a golf course and airport in Montgomery County, next to the Berks County border.
The crash happened Sunday afternoon at the Butter Valley Golf Port in Upper Hanover Township.
The impact caused the plane to split in half.
Amazingly, no one was injured, according to emergency communications officials.
At this point, there's no word on what may have caused the crash. It's also unclear how many people were in the plane.
The area of the wrecked plane was taped off along a fairway.
Not long after the crash, golfing continued at the course. A 69 News freelance photojournalist captured an image of a golfer hitting a ball next to the wrecked plane.
Stay with 69 News and WFMZ.com for updates on this story.
On its website, Butter Valley Golf Port describes itself as "one of the most unique places in Pennsylvania. In a beautiful, rural setting about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia, there's a fun-to-play, regulation golf course and quaint, little airport... together."
Philadelphia has filed a lawsuit against drug companies that make prescription opioids, saying they've created "an unprecedented public health crisis."Read More »
- 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Crews rescue person from Bucks County crash
- Police: Whitehall man arrested for punching Philly police horse
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Man acquitted in abuse of boy at animal costume parties
- Updated Multi-vehicle accident closes I-78 West near Hamburg
- Former Parkland HS teacher sentenced for sexual relationship with student
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Updated Snowfall totals in Berks: How much snow did you get?
- Updated GIANT named best grocery store in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania's first medical marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Philadelphia sues opioid makers in response to epidemic
- Allentown police: Fight leads to shots fired at car
- Life Lessons: We Care Bears Project