PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - A police officer killed in the line of duty was remembered by his family, friends and fellow officers.
A public viewing was held Tuesday night for Plymouth Twp. Ofc. Brad Fox. Wednesday the family will bury a man who's being hailed a hero.
Goodbye is not what anyone wanted to say Tuesday night, but circumstances took Fox too soon.
The 34-year-old was a seven-year veteran of the Plymouth Township police force and served two years as a Marine in Iraq.
"He was totally dedicated to his country and his family and his friends," said Montgomery County Sheriff Eileen Behr.
Behr said Fox was one of her students at the police academy.
"It's like burying a brother or a son for me," said Behr.
Brad Fox's parents are Kathy and Tom Fox.
"Everybody's hearts go out to Kathy and Tom," said Debbie Plunkett, a family friend, "There's just no words. To feel the pain is just."
"Couldn't imagine losing one of my children and he's just a hero in my eyes," said Kathy Lutz, another friend.
Fox was killed in the line of duty Thursday night. Officials said Andrew Thomas ambushed Fox and then killed himself.
The long and tearful goodbye to Brad Fox started with a viewing Tuesday night at the Epiphany of Our Lord Church in Plymouth Twp., Montgomery Co.
"It's amazing, amazing," said Lutz, "We've been here like I said probably about two hours standing in the rain."
It was an emotional day and people are hoping Wednesday morning the weather cooperates. The public viewing starts at 7 a.m. and goes until 10:30 a.m. There will be a funeral mass following.
"They're just very nice people and I wanted to show my support," said Lutz.
Fox will be buried at Washington Crossing National Cemetery.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Updated Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Near record warmth again today
- Updated 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Police nab pair advertising pot sales on-line
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases