HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - Three males were arrested Friday after driving a stolen car off a Hilltown Township road.
The accident occurred after police had been attempting to stop a black Mercedes Benz, which displayed a PA registration plate that was not issued to it, since 12:45 a.m. on Bethlehem Pike/Route 309.
Police followed the vehicle north on Route 309, through the Unionville Pike intersection, when it made a sudden right turn at the Sellersville Exit ramp onto Bethlehem Pike.
The vehicle then tried to negotiate a left hand curve, lost control and eventually landed in a ditch.
Two males exited the vehicle and fled in to the woods while another male in the passenger seat was stuck inside the car.
Police arrested that man, Tremayne Richard Mattis, 20, of Philadelphia, and charged him with receiving stolen property and conspiracy to receive stolen property. He was later released on $50,000 unsecured bail.
The other two men were located hours later walking along Fairhill Road near Cherry Road and arrested.
Angel Antonio Montanez, 20, of Philadelphia, was charged with fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, receiving stolen property, conspiracy to receive stolen property and other charges,
A 17 year-old male juvenile from Allentown was also arrested. Police say an active warrant was out for him in Lehigh County. He was released to Lehigh County Juvenile Probation.
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Cooler with occasional rain and a thunderstorm today
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Updated Life Lessons: Tips to help kids sleep
- Mural appears on Quaker Maid plant on Rte.10 in Reading
- Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Allentown Rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills