WARRINGTON TWP., Pa. - Authorities in Bucks County said they have broken up a significant heroin distribution operation that was being run out of a Warrington Township apartment.
Police said three arrests were made during their investigation into the alleged heroin operation at an apartment in the 500 block of Easton Road. Police said they seized 250 bags of heroin and $2,000 in cash from the apartment.
The investigation, conducted by the Warrington and Warminster police departments, ended with the arrests of two men who police said "are believed to to have been a significant source of heroin which was intended to be distributed in Bucks County."
Edward Warner, 29, of Warrington, and Jose Rivera Jr., 23, of Philadelphia, are both being charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to deliver and criminal use of communications facilities. Both men were taken to the Bucks County Correctional Facility on $100,000 bail.
Also arrested in conjunction with the investigation was 45-year-old Paula Pisechko of Warrington, who was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey