PHILADELPHIA - Police have provided a description of a man involved in the abduction of a 5-year-old girl from her elementary school in Philadelphia.
The man is in mid-30s with light skin, possibly white, with short, brown hair, police said. He was inside a home where the child, Nailla Robinson, was taken Monday by a woman who got her out of the school by asking for her by name.
Robinson was rescued early Tuesday morning at a playground.
The woman is black, in her late 20s and may be pregnant. She may go by the first name Rashida, police said.
The woman walked with the girl a few blocks to a home, said police, who noted that the girl was blindfolded and forced to hide under a bed.
Police are canvassing the area.
The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #5 has offered a $5,000 reward for the arrest and the Citizen's Crime Commission has offered $5,000 for the arrest and conviction of the people being sought.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 215.686.TIPS (8477) or send a text to PPD TIP or 773847.
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Updated Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Updated A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury