PLYMOUTH TWP., Pa. - Police are investigating a murder and suicide that occurred inside a Montgomery County home.
At 5:05 p.m. Sunday, Plymouth Township police responded to the first block of Wilmer Avenue in the township, after a 911 caller asked them to check on the well-being of the residents.
Inside the home, they found a man and a woman, both deceased from gunshot wounds.
Their identities are being withheld until family members are notified of their deaths.
Autopsies conducted Monday by officials in the Montgomery County coroner's office determined the female died of two gunshot wounds, one to the back and one to the head. The male died of a single "intra-oral' gunshot, meaning he put the gun in his mouth.
The female's death was ruled a homicide, the male's a suicide.
The deaths are being investigated by the Montgomery County district attorney's office and Plymouth Township police.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU