PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. - Police responded to the report of an assault in Phoenixville Wednesday around 7 p.m., only to find a woman suffering from multiple stab wounds.
An investigation revealed the 36-year-old woman was stabbed in her torso and extremities with a knife while seated inside a vehicle parked in the First Presbyterian Church parking lot on Main Street.
Officials say the weapon was recovered from the scene and the victim was transported to Paoli Hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery.
Investigators have developed a person of interest, but the investigation is still ongoing and no arrest has been made. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Patrick Mark at 610-933-1180 Ext. 815 or 610-935-2440.
Area police departments and a Berks County-based charity came together to brighten the holiday spirits of a young boy battling cancer.Read More »
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- Police need public's help to find alleged QNB bank robber
- Man hopes to continue streak of volunteering for wildfires
- Police investigating Sellersville armed robbery
- St. Nick a good pal to PAL kids
- Unidentified woman hit by train in Hatfield Township dies
- Updated 2 juveniles in custody after threats at Parkland High School
- Updated Police: North Catasauqua man admits he beat, strangled wife to death
- Police investigate early-morning shooting at East Stroudsburg University
- Updated Eagles confirm Carson Wentz out for season with torn ACL
- Updated 3 months after fire, Klinger's on Carsonia set for reopening
- NJ Gov. Christie beefs up security after New York City blast
- Updated Berks-based Bieber's bus runs impacted by New York explosion
- New Jersey bear hunt extended 4 days this week
- Project Hope provides meals, clothes to those in need
- Updated Police event makes wish come true for boy battling cancer