PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. - Police responded to the report of an assault in Phoenixville Wednesday around 7 p.m., only to find a woman suffering from multiple stab wounds.
An investigation revealed the 36-year-old woman was stabbed in her torso and extremities with a knife while seated inside a vehicle parked in the First Presbyterian Church parking lot on Main Street.
Officials say the weapon was recovered from the scene and the victim was transported to Paoli Hospital by ambulance where she underwent emergency surgery.
Investigators have developed a person of interest, but the investigation is still ongoing and no arrest has been made. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Patrick Mark at 610-933-1180 Ext. 815 or 610-935-2440.
Top law enforcement officials in Pennsylvania are coming together to combat the heroin and opioid crisis. District attorneys announced a new task force in Philadelphia Thursday.Read More »
- DelVal freshman works to save Otterhound dog breed
- Southampton teen gets 2-5 years for robbing fast-food joint
- Man facing charges after allegedly stealing cyanide to kill lawn rodents
- GOP field for lieutenant governor gets new face; 2 drop out
- 'LOVE' returns: Philadelphia park gets its sculpture back
- Philadelphia throwing parade as it gets its 'LOVE' back
- Snow gradually comes to an end late Saturday night
- Updated Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- Military plane conducting flight exercise cause of loud noises heard in Lehigh Valley
- Presidential historian Tim Blessing discusses President's Day
- Bethlehem's Friends of Music introduces Outstanding Young Artist Competition
- CDC says flu season may be leveling off
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Harrisburg food pantry dishes out Gov. Wolf's Super Bowl winnings
- Glass building at Apple headquarters causing headaches for employees