WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - A teenager was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Montgomery County and later killed, police said.
It started around 2 p.m. Sunday when police said a group armed with handguns broke into 1255 Manatawny Rd. in West Pottsgrove Township. They demanded money, then took a teenaged boy away at gunpoint, according to police.
About 30 minutes later, Kareem Ali Borowy was found dead a few miles away, dumped along a road in Lower Pottsgrove Township.
"Officers arrived on location, and they found a body on the shoulder of the road, identified as a male subject at this point in time," said Chief Michael Foltz, Lower Pottsgrove Twp. Police Dept.
Borowy, 19, lived at the home with Ruth Borowy, who either adopted him or was his foster mother, and several others, according to neighbors. Kareem Borowy's Facebook page indicated he had attended Pottsgrove Senior High School.
Neighbors said police have been a regular sight at the home for years, often for fights so loud people down the block could hear them.
"I'm not surprised about something happening there," said Darlene Fegley, who lives across the street.
"There was always a problem," added neighbor Lenora Miller. "It would be a month or so, and you'd see five or six police come down. And then it would be two weeks, and then five or six more police. Constant -- they always had police there on a regular basis."
Fegley added: "Crazy down there. Seems like cops are down there off and on now and then."
As of Sunday evening, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman said police were interviewing people but had not made any arrests in this case.
There was no indication anyone else in the house was hurt in the robbery.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township identified
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold