WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - A teenager was kidnapped at gunpoint from his home in Montgomery County and later killed, police said.
It started around 2 p.m. Sunday when police said a group armed with handguns broke into 1255 Manatawny Rd. in West Pottsgrove Township. They demanded money, then took a teenaged boy away at gunpoint, according to police.
About 30 minutes later, Kareem Ali Borowy was found dead a few miles away, dumped along a road in Lower Pottsgrove Township.
"Officers arrived on location, and they found a body on the shoulder of the road, identified as a male subject at this point in time," said Chief Michael Foltz, Lower Pottsgrove Twp. Police Dept.
Borowy, 19, lived at the home with Ruth Borowy, who either adopted him or was his foster mother, and several others, according to neighbors. Kareem Borowy's Facebook page indicated he had attended Pottsgrove Senior High School.
Neighbors said police have been a regular sight at the home for years, often for fights so loud people down the block could hear them.
"I'm not surprised about something happening there," said Darlene Fegley, who lives across the street.
"There was always a problem," added neighbor Lenora Miller. "It would be a month or so, and you'd see five or six police come down. And then it would be two weeks, and then five or six more police. Constant -- they always had police there on a regular basis."
Fegley added: "Crazy down there. Seems like cops are down there off and on now and then."
As of Sunday evening, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman said police were interviewing people but had not made any arrests in this case.
There was no indication anyone else in the house was hurt in the robbery.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill