State Police say a missing college student from Montgomery Co. may have been spotted 80 miles away, in Lebanon Co., on Friday. Meantime, Matthew Royer's mother made an impassioned plea for him to contact the family.
"Matthew, if you can hear this, no matter what the circumstances are, your friends and your family, we all love you," said Janet Royer at a Monday afternoon news conference.
Royer, 21, disappeared Thursday night, driving home from the University of Rhode Island. He was driving a 2008 silver Chevy Cobalt with Pennsylvania plates GZR 9059.
We know Royer stopped for gas just outside Allentown at I-78 and Route 100, about 40 miles from his home in Collegeville. Now, state police are investigating a possible sighting of Royer and his car 12 hours later -- in Lebanon Co., even farther from his home.
Troopers spent Monday afternoon interviewing the woman who called in that tip. According to Trooper Morgan Crummy, they don't believe she knows Royer, and don't believe Royer knows anyone else in the Lebanon area.
"We are currently investigating him as a missing person," said Crummy. "At this point, while it may be a voluntary move on Matthew's part on Matthew's part, we are still expending all of our resources in this investigation to locate Matthew."
Royer's mother said she only wants him home safe.
"We're here for you. Please contact us; call home," she said. "We will come anywhere, anyplace, any time for you. We are here. We love you, and we miss you."
Crummy would not say how certain they are that the car and the person spotted in Lebanon Co. was actually Royer. They also say there's no indication that he was in any trouble before he headed home last week.
If you have any information, call the Pennsylvania State Police in Skippack at 610-584-1250.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill