POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A Pottstown man was injured in a Pottstown shooting that he is not believed to have been the target of, according to police.
Nathan Newman, 58, was shot at around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in the area of North Franklin and Chestnut streets.
According to police, male suspects were seen running from the scene, specifically from Rowan Alley and North Franklin Street, at the time shots were fired.
Police say these males went east and then possibly south toward Chestnut Street.
Newman was transported to Reading Hospital to be treated for injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact the Pottstown Police Department at 610-970-6570.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- Updated Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University