HATFIELD, Pa. - Authorities allege that a man hid in the closet of a suburban Philadelphia home and later emerged and attacked his estranged wife and her boyfriend.
Hatfield Township police Wednesday announced the arrest of 36-year-old Jason William Beck of Norristown on charges including aggravated assault, burglary, trespass and terroristic threats.
Authorities allege that he broke in Monday, hid in a master bedroom closet and waited until the two victims returned and went to bed. Police say he then emerged and sprayed mace, stabbed and beat the boyfriend with a baseball bat. He also assaulted his estranged wife.
Both were treated at a hospital.
Three children who were home at the time weren't harmed.
Court documents indicated that Beck requested representation by the Montgomery County public defender's office, which said no attorney had yet been assigned.
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Police: Man stabbed several times in Pottstown
- Judge to decide Wednesday on release of Cosby juror names
- Train carrying butter derails in Sellersville
- Firefighters fight three-alarm fire in Birdsboro
- Suspect surrenders in stabbing of 2 teens in Reading
- 34th Annual Schnecksville Community Fair underway
- Phillipsburg man arrested on heroin charges
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Allentown to discuss banning "conversion therapy"
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Students attend special summer camp at Kutztown U.
- Company cuts ribbon on organic chicken hatchery
- Concerns in Emmaus about possible Rodale sale