E. GREENVILLE, Pa. - A Montgomery County man is facing burglary charges after he was allegedly caught on video surveillance breaking into an East Greenville home.
Borough police charged Michael Sewak, of West Broad Street in Telford, with burglary, theft and conspiracy in connection to the August break-in. The 30-year-old was already in Montgomery County jail and is waiting to be arraigned on the newest set of charges.
The victim reported to police that she returned to her Cherry Street home after vacation on Aug. 25 to find that someone forced their way into her home, according to a news release from police. Several items, including jewelry were missing. Police said the items were valued at roughly $17,000.
Investigators said they discovered video surveillance that allegedly captured Sewak and an unidentified woman on the victim's property.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Sewak, who is already in jail facing simple assault, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and harassment charges filed by Telford police on Sept. 15. He failed to post $25,000 bail in that case and is awaiting a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 2.
A Pennsylvania judge is ordering a candidate off May's primary ballot for lieutenant governor because he won't meet the state's constitutional age threshold of 30.Read More »
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Pennridge students use punishment to propel new movement
- Jury selection for Bill Cosby retrial delayed until April 2
- Local artist commemorates Eagles Championship Parade with unique print
- Police looking for assault suspect
- New 4th winter storm this month to bring snow through Wednesday
- Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- Driver arrested after interstate chase through 4 counties
- Turnpike announces restrictions due to approaching storm
- Lehigh Valley Auto Show Preview Gala canceled
- Updated Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- Health Beat: 7 symptoms of colon cancer
- PSP Strong drops damages claim against sign shop owner
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Lehigh County Coroner looking for David Janney's next of kin