HILLTOWN TWP., Pa. - Details are emerging from a Friday home invasion in Bucks County in which a man was shot and killed, while a woman and child were tied up.
As of early Saturday morning, police were still searching for two intruders, who were deemed "armed and dangerous."
The home invasion happened shortly before 10:30 a.m. Friday at a sprawling home in Hilltown Township, about 35 miles north of Philadelphia, police said.
Joseph Canazaro, 48, was fatally shot inside the home, and his girlfriend and their 12-year-old son were tied up in the basement of the home, police said. They suffered minor injuries but were able to get free and to a neighbor's home, where 911 was called, police said.
The intruders took bank books and weapons before driving away in Canazaro's black Lincoln pickup, police said.
The truck was later found parked behind a shopping center in the 1400 block of West Broad Street in Quakertown.18194466
A Bucks County man has been sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 15 to 30 years in the shooting death of a friend.Read More »
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Crash in Penn Twp. closes Rt. 183 in both directions
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose