HAYCOCK TWP., Pa. - After several days of thorough investigation, Pennsylvania State Police Dublin released a statement Thursday saying the victim in the Lake Nockamixon reported rape incident admitted she made the story up and the assault did not occur.
The woman originally told police she was forced into a four-door silver Honda sedan by the fishing pier at Lake Nockamixon State Park Monday and was taken to another part of the park where she was raped. She said the incident took place between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 p.m, according to the police report.
Police believe there is no immediate threat to the public related to the incident.
The investigation will continue.
- Company behind Florida's bridge design has local ties
- Bucks County rehousing program alleviates homeless population
- 'Match Day' a right of passage for medical students
- 200 students pay the price for national walkout participation
- 5 victims to testify in upcoming Bill Cosby trial
- Local students show support for National Walkout Day
- Man arrested after stabbing neighbor multiple times in Easton
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Updated Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- A pleasant Sunday to round out the weekend
- Updated Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Irish Community Day event held in Allentown
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Fire damages apartment building in Coopersburg
- War of words between James Comey and Donald Trump
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced