POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A gas station clerk in Montgomery County almost forced away an armed robber Sunday night.
The incident happened at the Gulf gas station store at 615 E. High Street in Pottstown around 11:15 a.m., according to officials.
The clerk said the masked man tried to weasel his way through the doors.
In surveillance footage, the clerk is seen attempting to push the suspect back and lock the door, while also trying to take the gun. But ultimately, the unidentified man was able to get through.
"He said 'don't do that otherwise I will shoot you.' I just raised my hand and then he put his gun on my shoulder," the clerk said.
The clerk told 69 News that the man then forced him toward the cash register, where he was able to open the register and steal at least $700.
In the video, the man then exits the store and pulls down what appears to be a mask.
A woman who showed up just minutes after said she dialed 911.
"I was out at my car and he said he was just robbed. I called my police station and said the gas station at Adams and High was robbed," said Sue Cusamano.
According to Montgomery County dispatchers, the suspect was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt and black pants. He's about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs approximately 140 lbs.
Anyone with information should contact police.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township identified
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold