NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Montgomery County man stands accused of soliciting sex with a minor.
Ian Jalbert, 46, of Pottstown, was arrested May 3 after an undercover investigation that began with the suspect replying to a Craigstlist ad that was placed by an Upper Providence Township detective posing as a 14-year-old boy, police said Tuesday.
The detective, Sgt. Raymond Bechtel, said Jalbert sent him sexually explicit emails and text messages over the course of a week before he arranged a meeting to engage in sexual acts.
Jalbert was apprehended when he showed up for that meeting and charged with unlawful contact with a minor, criminal attempt to commit involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, and criminal use of a communication facility. Bail was set at $50,000.
Neighbors near the Barclay Friends: Senior Living Community in West Chester say it's heartbreaking to see the center reduced to rubble.Read More »
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester
- Pottstown man arrested in road rage shooting on Route 100
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- 20 injured in fire at Chester County senior living community
- Heroin dealer sentenced after two women overdose
- Limerick man facing 700 counts of possession of child porn
- Updated Expect thickening clouds with rain arriving later
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Updated 69 News crew enjoys Reading Holiday Parade
- Colebrookdale reveals reason for firing its police chief
- Students get first-hand accounts of the horrors of heroin
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem
- Bangor and Pen Argyl football alumni face off again for charity