POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Culinary arts students at Pottstown High School put their skills to the test in a unique competition.
Groups of students had to make a sandwich using the following ingredients: pork chops, goat cheese, cherry preserves and potato chips.
The winning sandwich will be added to the menu at Grumpy's Handcarved Sandwiches in Pottstown for one year.
"I wasn't really nervous except for the jelly. Wasn't sure what to do with the jelly," said Keelan Waren, an 11th grade student.
"Some of the sandwiches, most of them, had a good balance, used all the right ingredients, had very good flavor," said Gene Dugan, Grumpy's.
A portion of the proceeds from the sales of the sandwiches will be donated to the school.
Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.Read More »
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Woman visiting husband's grave dies after cemetery crash
- Local roller derby team changing the rules
- 2 taken to hospital after shooting in Allentown
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Updated Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- Updated Man wanted in Hunterdon County on assault charges
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- Bethlehem Township man killed in motorcycle crash