NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A preschool teacher at a suburban Philadelphia Roman Catholic school has been charged with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl.
According to an affidavit, 32-year-old Michael Barbee, of Yeadon, Pennsylvania, is accused of forcibly touching the girl during nap time. Online court records don't list an attorney who could comment on the allegations.
Barbee teaches at Saint Francis of Assisi School's Early Learning Center in Norristown.
Kenneth Gavin, a spokesman for the archdiocese, says Saint Francis Parish placed Barbee on administrative leave Friday after learning of the criminal investigation.
He says the charges are "serious and disturbing."
Police say they began investigating Barbee after the child complained of pain.
Barbee faces multiple child sex assault counts.
Spreading like wildfire, ripping through Pennsylvania, killing kids: It's a nasty picture that Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan painted, describing heroin and opioids.Read More »
- Quakertown triangle lot revitalization project stalls
- Trial date set for California suit against Cosby
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Community mourns boy killed in fire
- 9-year-old killed in early morning Chester County fire
- 1 person dead after early morning fire in Chester County
- Updated Police: Toddler's death in Carbon County an accident
- Berks pastor due in court; granddaughter died of pneumonia in November
- Saucon Valley School Board hires district superintendent from Hazleton
- Easton residents to weigh in on promotional taglines
- Reading Planning Commissioners review plan for Velodrome
- Parkland School Board hikes taxes to balance budget
- State property tax bill discussed in Hanover Twp.
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Our relationship with food
- Tobyhanna man accused of raping woman at gunpoint to appear in court
- Mostly sunny and very nice today