NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A preschool teacher at a suburban Philadelphia Roman Catholic school has been charged with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl.
According to an affidavit, 32-year-old Michael Barbee, of Yeadon, Pennsylvania, is accused of forcibly touching the girl during nap time. Online court records don't list an attorney who could comment on the allegations.
Barbee teaches at Saint Francis of Assisi School's Early Learning Center in Norristown.
Kenneth Gavin, a spokesman for the archdiocese, says Saint Francis Parish placed Barbee on administrative leave Friday after learning of the criminal investigation.
He says the charges are "serious and disturbing."
Police say they began investigating Barbee after the child complained of pain.
Barbee faces multiple child sex assault counts.
A little known neurological condition is silencing kids across the country. Now a local family is hoping to spread the word about it.Read More »
- Happy 105th birthday, Millie!
- Police asking for help to identify thieves in Bucks County
- Section of Pennsylvania Turnpike to close for construction
- 71-year-old hit,killed by truck in Lower Pottsgrove
- Pottstown makes a stand against racism
- Road rage shooting suspect waives preliminary hearing
- Unresponsive boy pulled from Mauch Chunk Lake, officials say
- Girl hit by car as gunfire rings out, according to Monroe County dispatchers
- When the sun goes dark: 5 questions answered about the solar eclipse
- Police investigate after rocks thrown at cars, houses in Berks
- Man injured in early morning shooting in Allentown
- 2 men wanted in connection with South Whitehall Speedway robbery
- Roasting Ears of Corn Festival celebrates Native American Indian culture
- Big name acts to perform at Great Allentown Fair
- Purr-fect weekend to adopt a pet in Berks County
- Heavy rains cause headaches in Berks County