NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A preschool teacher at a suburban Philadelphia Roman Catholic school has been charged with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl.
According to an affidavit, 32-year-old Michael Barbee, of Yeadon, Pennsylvania, is accused of forcibly touching the girl during nap time. Online court records don't list an attorney who could comment on the allegations.
Barbee teaches at Saint Francis of Assisi School's Early Learning Center in Norristown.
Kenneth Gavin, a spokesman for the archdiocese, says Saint Francis Parish placed Barbee on administrative leave Friday after learning of the criminal investigation.
He says the charges are "serious and disturbing."
Police say they began investigating Barbee after the child complained of pain.
Barbee faces multiple child sex assault counts.
Bill Cosby and his delegates are speaking out in select media interviews a month before jury selection starts in his sex assault trial in Montgomery County.Read More »
- Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Meet Jim Kane, space race computer programmer
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan