DARBY, Pa. - A man who authorities said fatally shot a caseworker at a hospital complex in Delaware County and was then shot by his psychiatrist remains listed in critical condition.
Richard Plotts is expected to be arraigned on murder charges at his hospital bedside on Friday, according to a spokeswoman for the Delaware County district attorney's office
Authorities are trying to determine more about the relationship between Dr. Lee Silverman and Plotts, 49, including whether the doctor had reason to fear him and why he had a gun.
The shooting occurred Thursday afternoon at a wellness center at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby. Silverman suffered a minor wound.
The hospital said its policy bars anyone but on-duty law enforcement officers from having a weapon on its campus.
Bill Cosby's lawyers accused Pennsylvania prosecutors of trying to "systematically" keep blacks off the jury Tuesday after prosecutors used their strikes to keep two black women off the panel.Read More »
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- New Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- New Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- New Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- New Pa. DEP Holds IESI Landfill Meeting
- New Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting