DARBY, Pa. - A man who authorities said fatally shot a caseworker at a hospital complex in Delaware County and was then shot by his psychiatrist remains listed in critical condition.
Richard Plotts is expected to be arraigned on murder charges at his hospital bedside on Friday, according to a spokeswoman for the Delaware County district attorney's office
Authorities are trying to determine more about the relationship between Dr. Lee Silverman and Plotts, 49, including whether the doctor had reason to fear him and why he had a gun.
The shooting occurred Thursday afternoon at a wellness center at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby. Silverman suffered a minor wound.
The hospital said its policy bars anyone but on-duty law enforcement officers from having a weapon on its campus.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Near record warmth again today
- Updated Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Updated Police nab pair advertising pot sales online
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M