POTTSTOWN, Pa. - One of four men accused of kidnapping and killing of a Montgomery County teenager is heading to trial on murder charges.
Rasheed Teel waived his right to a preliminary hearing before a district judge in Pottstown on Friday.
Teel, 21, of Philadelphia, is charged with first, second and third degree murder in a home invasion that resulted in the abduction and death of Kareem Ali Borowy on May 5, police said.
The home invasion happened on Manatawny Street in West Pottsgrove Township; Borowy, 19, was later found shot to death along a road in neighboring Lower Pottsgrove Township.
Two other suspects -- Omar Miller, 27, of Philadelphia, and Charles Freeman, 22, of Stowe, Montgomery Co. -- are also in custody in connection with the homicide. A fourth suspect, Andre Collier, 25, remains at large.
Anyone with information about Collier's whereabouts is asked to contact the West Pottsgrove Police Department at 610-323-2090, the Lower Pottsgrove Police Department 610-326-1508 or the Montgomery County Detective Bureau 610-278-3368.
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush gunman's sister calls him her 'protector'
- Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow