WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - A recent Chester County high school graduate was shot in the head and killed in a road rage incident, authorities said.
The Chester County district attorney's office said Bianca Roberson, 18, was shot by another driver as the two tried to merge into a single lane in West Goshen Township on Wednesday.
Roberson's car veered off the road and was later found in a ditch. Investigators said the shooter fled, driving down the highway in a red pickup truck.
Roberson had just graduated from Bayard Rustin High School. She was headed to Jacksonville University in Florida in the fall.
District Attorney Tom Hogan called the shooting a "totally random, senseless act of violence." Hogan said Roberson's family is devastated.
- Missing man with dementia found safe
- Pa. Turnpike lanes reopened between Lansdale, Quakertown
- Crash closes Pa. Turnpike northbound between Lansdale, Quakertown
- GOP leaders to seek halt to Pennsylvania congressional map
- Proposed bill allows courts to seize guns from people deemed a threat
- Second Harvest Food Bank receives $36K donation
- Updated Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Chilly today with more rain, some ice to the north
- Man critical after being shot in the face in Allentown
- Witness recalls scene of deadly Lehigh Valley conduit collapse
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Updated Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Gov. Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Prosecution begins grilling Mayor Pawlowski in pay-to-play trial