The American Red Cross has opened warming centers to accommodate those affected by the ice storm and power outages in Bucks, Chester and Delaware counties.
In Bucks County, Maple Point Middle School at 2250 Langhorne Yardley Rd. will act as a warming center. Pets are not allowed.
Lionville Middle School at 550 W. Uwchlan in Exton is an available warming center in Chester County that welcomes pets.
Avon Grove High School in West Grove, Chester County has been closed since 3 p.m. Wednesday.
In Delaware County, the Springfield Township Municipal Building at 50 Powell Rd. will open its doors as well.
The Red Cross pet first aid app includes features that will locate the nearest pet friendly hotels to your location. Find it here or by searching Red Cross on the iPhone App and Google Play stores.
For the current list of warming shelters, visit the Red Cross website.
April is Autism Awareness Month and a Bucks County woman wants to prove those on the spectrum can succeed in the business world.Read More »
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Lehigh Valley talks Trump's first 100 days
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting